Thursday, February 4, 2010

Drops of water

With this series of photos I tried to catch the light and the water droplets together, I thought they made such a beautiful contrast against each other. I took these pictures around 4:40 in the afternoon right when the sun was directly hitting this particular wall. When I first saw it all I was trying to get was the running water that was going down the side of the gutter, not exactly the water droplets. It was a pure accident but I love how it turned out because the general color of the picture draws your eye in but the water droplets are what seems to truly captivate the image and really draw the eye in deeper into the picture. I tried to mess around with different angles a little bit to make it just a little more interesting. The shadows were fun to deal with as well because they just gave just that extra boost to the picture and let the eye travel around. I personally really liked the color scheme in this series and how it was mainly just different shades of brown with some light blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment