Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Characteristics a Great Image Has

After the article on Tuesday I went on the internet and grabbed a few pictures that I thought were good examples of a few elements that we had discussed. The first picture I chose has always been one of my favorites. It really shows the despair on the woman's face, it tells a story, the photographer shows just enough around her to really capture the poverty and the hunger. I have looked at this picture many many times and yet I still go back to it. To me that is why this picture is such a good example, it catches the human emotion on the woman's face and draws the viewer in. A portrait should make the viewer feel and think. The second picture I chose because of the color contrast; I thought it was a good example of even though there is really only 2 main colors in the picture it feels it enough to keep the viewers attention, and the eye moving through it. There is no obnoxious red colors in it or any other color that would either distract from the picture or take away from it. The third picture I chose was the desert one. I thought this showed how a picture can have a huge effect with very few elements being used. When looking at the sand there is only one color in the whole picture, what makes this a picture like this so unique is the shadows. They give depth to the image and draw the eye in because there are no distinct lines but just layers of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment