Monday, January 25, 2010

Running

For me running has always been a huge passion and being that I am currently on the Cross Country team for Rocky I decided to take pictures of the half marathon that took place last Friday. The race was moved 2 days ahead of schedule due to bad weather, unfortunately for us runners we did not escape the driving snow on Friday morning. Although it made picture taking a little more difficult than usual I found the contrast between the falling snow and the runners as being of interest. Not often do you see pictures like these so used the opportunity to try something just a little different.
I personally really like this series, maybe because as a runner myself looking at photos like these made me really cherish both the good and bad days that come with such a harsh sport. This project for me was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it to the full extent. It was hard to shoot in the snow and try and keep my lense clean, it posted a lot of problems but it was a very good experience for me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment