Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Flips





I decided to try something new and do a serious with flip pictures that I have taken. I like taking action pictures because it shows the human body in a different aspect then how it is usually perceived. Action pictures, I have found are a lot harder to take as can be imagined but to me that is what makes them so authentic and unique. In this serious I did both indoor and outdoor pictures, using both water and ground. I personally liked the water photos the best because the people seemed more daring with flips and letting their bodies take control when in the water. For example look at the difference in the way the body moves in the first picture when he is doing a back flip, then look at the last picture, it is the same boy, only he is doing a front flip but look at the difference in the body movement. It is more compact when on the ground. Also I liked the contrast of the water against the body. This serious was one of my favorite ones because I had a lot of fun shooting these photos and hope to do more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment