Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Green Dress

I took these pictures yesterday on the Rims. I wanted to have a contrasting setting with the green dress. I took these at about 7:30 right when the sun was setting and the light was amazing. What I found to be the hardest part was I only had about 5 minutes of really good sunlight.

I cropped it towards the bottom of the photo
but I had a hard time with it because I didn't know
How much of the grass to leave on the bottom
before it was just obnoxious. I wanted the main
focus to be on her hair and the dress rather than
her face.

For this one I was looking for more of
a focus on the beauty of the human body
and how poses change so much in a picture.
I never got the chance to edit this one yet
but the trees in the background and the
shadow in the right corner are very distracting
to the essence of the picture.

I tried playing with shadows and sun
light and trying to get both to work together
in her favor. I found out that shadows are very
hard to work with when trying to compliment
a figure.

My main focus on this photo was the dress.
I made the green more brilliant than the other colors
in the picture so that the eye is drawn to that
from the start and then moves around to the
rest of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment